- Great interest when the Center for Health Economics Forum and LIF invited to a seminar 2024-01-08
- Post-doc position in health economics posted on the Job Market 2023-10-19
- Presentation on hospital beds and prioritization at Sjukhusläkarna 2023-10-17
- Symposium on surgical waiting lists and bed shortages 2023-09-27
- Course in health economics drew large crowd 2023-05-31
SHEA Annual Conference 2024
Visit to the conference 15-16 April in Uppsala!
Health Economics in Focus
Health is a valuable asset, both for the individual and society at large. At the Centre for Health Economic Research, the University's competencies collaborate to increase knowledge of challenges around efficient and equitable use of resources, and access to health.
Our vision is to create an internationally competitive research environment and a national competence center around register data-based medical and health economic evaluation, and methods for pricing and reimbursement in healthcare. Important questions concern, for example, how effective medical interventions are when used in everyday clinical praxis. And whether innovations that increase the individual's own responsibility for their care contribute to increasing inequalities in health.